Haven't found the time to blog for quite a while. Frankly speaking, I'm feeling slightly like I'm spreading myself too thin what with work and dance taking up most of my time. But I know I will be fine.
Working at TTSH may not be the easiest thing for me to do but it has exposed me to so much. Office politics, diversity in the type of people I meet, plain irrationality and also hearts of pure gold. Most significantly, it has reinforced how real it is to experience the loss of a loved one, to struggle over financial inadequacy, to feel absolutely helpless. Sometimes I wish I could reach out to the people I face at the counter, to say a prayer for them and to offer a hug. Life isn't smooth and one day I am going to have to deal with such turbulences and it scares me how growing up has made me so aware. I hope that I will never be desensitised by all this because I think that understanding the true gravity of situations is an indication of how human I am. Although my job tires me out, I am very grateful for it.
Dancing is simply joyous for me and I cannot imagine what life would be like now if I didn't have it in my life. I am so blessed to be physically able. So, so blessed. And I hope that the army boys would feel this way whenever training takes a toll on them.
Got to go back to RJ yesterday for Onight and it was absolutely amazing. I miss orientation days so much. Doing the sundance and batch dance and being with Oteamers again brought back so many memories <3 Then supper and catching up with some of them made the night even more perfect.
I can't believe that I might not see some of my friends again after I leave :'( But I'm not going to dwell on that, I'm going to make the most out of the time I have here (although it's so difficult to coordinate things because everybody's busy/going to be busy with internships and work and army)!
DEBORAH
CHRISTIAN
raffles softball
raffles cdance
raffles interact